KU Surplus Assistant-Student Hourly - 11486BR
KU Surplus Assistant-Student Hourly
Help us save the planet!
This is a student position in the KU Surplus Operations area. Up to 20 hours a week are available during the academic year and 40 hours a week during the summer and breaks. This is a very physical position which requires heavy lifting and warehousing.
- Collecting, loading, organizing & redistributing surplus property from campus buildings and student housing areas.
- Cleaning and light repair of surplus furniture.
- Assist in maintaining KU Surplus inventory.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Conditions of the job include operation of a 1.5 ton box truck and possibly a forklift.
- Willingness to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- May include inventory tracking and posting items for sale on online auction sites.
- Must meet KU minimum enrollment requirement for employment (6 credit hours).
- Must have valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Candidate must to be able to perform heavy lifting as position involves carrying materials in and out of buildings and unloading at accumulation site.
- Must be able to work 20-40 hours during summer M-F, between 7:30 AM-4:00 PM and 15-20 hours when classes are in session.
- Federal Work Study eligible.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Experience with materials, handling equipment and data entry, experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Seeking degree in Environmental Studies, Business/technology or similar fields.
- Experience in On-Line Auctions and Website tools.
Additional Candidate Instructions
On your application/resume please include available hours as well as your class schedule between the hours of 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, M-F.
First review of applications begins April 9, 2018. This posting will remain open until the positions have been filled.