Laboratory Coordinator - 12187BR
25% - Maintains existing DAQ systems, computers, oscilloscopes, power supplies and other electronic equipment found in research and teaching laboratories.
10%-Maintains nanoscience cleanroom facility. Provides training procedures and tests for personnel before admission to cleanroom.
10%-Periodically checks electronic equipment used in Departmental lab classes. Works with Laboratory Technologist to maintain electronic equipment in the Department. Develops and writes standard procedures to achieve these objectives.
5%-Operates wire bonding machine for specialized electronic fabrication.
5%-Operates soldering station for precision electronic assembly.
5%-Reviews new developments in electronic circuitry and stays current in the field by keeping abreast of new technology through trade periodicals. Participates in training opportunities and trade shows to further the Department’s knowledge base. Develops appropriate test methods and maintenance procedures.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent plus five (5) years of experience in design, construction, and testing of electronic circuits OR Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electronics or similar discipline and one year of related experience, OR Master's degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electronics or similar discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience instructing and supervising others in the proper and safe use of electronic devices, as evidenced by work history.
- Two (2) years of experience with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) as evidenced by application materials.
- Three (3) years of electrical assembly experience using soldering and wire bonding techniques as evidenced by application materials.
- Good written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Electronics technical training or certification.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Good oral communication skills, to be evaluated at the interview stage.
Additional Candidate Instructions
For first consideration, please apply before July 16, 2018.