Language Training Center Lecturer in Foreign Languages - 11443BR
Language Training Center Lecturer in Foreign Languages
- Prepare course materials, exams, and lesson plans in consultation with the language directors and the Project Pedagogy Specialist.
- Provide 3 hours of on-site instruction per week at the elementary level in the target language.
- Provide 1 hour of online instruction per week via teaching videos and/or online exercises.
- Assign final grades.
- Maintain open and timely communication with students outside of class hours via email or other media such as Skype.
- Attend periodic meetings with teaching and administrative staff, including training prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Adhere to departmental, college, and university policies.
- Master's degree in the target language or a closely related field such as area studies or linguistics. Native speakers of these languages with a Master's degree in other fields are welcome to apply.
- Advanced proficiency in the target language as evidenced by successful completion of at least 18 credit hours of graduate-level language classes, by formal certification (minimum of ACTFL Advanced High, CEFR B2, or ILR 2+/2+), or by faculty evaluation.
- Advanced proficiency in English as evidenced by application materials.
- At least one year of post-secondary teaching experience in the target language.
- Ability to travel to Fort Leavenworth twice per week as required for course meeting times.
- Ability to pass KU’s standard background check as well as the background check conducted by Ft. Leavenworth personnel.
- PhD in the target language or in a closely related field.
Additional Candidate Instructions
First Review Date: 13 August 2018
Estimated Start Date: 10 September 2018
Contact Information to Applicants