Language Training Center Summer Lecturer - 11442BR
Language Training Center Summer Lecturer
- Prepare course materials, assessments, and lesson plans in consultation with the language directors and the LTC Pedagogy Specialist
- Provide up to 90 hours of instruction during a 15-day program, teaching up to six hours per day.
- Hold a daily office hour on weekdays
- Adhere to departmental, college, and university policies
- Master’s Degree in French, Spanish, Arabic, Persian, or Russian, or a closely related field. Native speakers of these languages with a Master’s degree in other fields are also welcome to apply.
- Native or near native proficiency in the target language as evidenced by formal certification (minimum of ACTFL Superior, CEFR C1, or ILR 3/3) or by faculty evaluation.
- Advanced proficiency in English as evidenced by application materials.
- At least two years of post-secondary language teaching experience at the intermediate or advanced level.
- PhD in French, Spanish, Arabic, Persian, or Russian.
- Experience teaching one of the target languages for special purposes.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Submit online application and attach a cover letter, a resumé/CV and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications are accepted throughout the posting period.
First review of applications: 16 April 2018
Estimated Start Date: 28 May 2018
Contact Information to Applicants