Lead Application Developer/Research Engineer - 11484BR
Lead Application Developer/Research Engineer
- The position is located in Kansas City, Kansas (444 Minnesota Ave)
- Employment is contingent upon passing a full background check
- 50% - Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot web and mobile web applications based on project-specific needs and user feedback. Design and code applications independently while continuously seeking methods for automation, efficiency, and maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and security with respect to JGCP data and information. Collaborate with project staff to follow-up with requests for revisions in a timely manner.
- 20% - Through regular code reviews and coordination of development activities with other JGCP developers and contractors, maintain high-quality software standards while achieving development goals on time.
- 15% - Work with project directors to identify potential software solutions to serve the needs of existing and planned projects. This includes working with directors at any point throughout the development lifecycle.
- 10% - Build the overall expertise of the development team through mentorship and technical assistance
- 5% - Work alongside TIDR Lab colleagues to support the JGCP technology infrastructure. This includes troubleshooting network problems related to web resources, assisting in office hardware and software upgrades, and troubleshooting individual workstation problems as needed.
- High school/GED and 4 years related experience, OR Associate’s degree with 3 years related experience, OR Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with relational database management systems (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Applicant development experience evidenced by providing link(s) in the cover letter of examples of at least one web application or one mobile application that the candidate contributed to, demonstrating the use of web technologies. Login credentials, if applicable, are not required but may be requested later.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience developing applications for iOS or Android platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years’ web development experience
- Minimum 1 year experience using Ember.js
- Minimum 1 year experience building web APIs
- Minimum 1 year experience using a code version control system (e.g., Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.)
- Minimum of 1 year experience writing automated software tests (e.g. Acceptance, Integration, Unit)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience deploying and maintaining content management systems or frameworks such as Drupal, Joomla or WordPress.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing and maintaining learning management systems such as Moodle or Blackboard.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills as evidenced by application materials and work experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin April 9, 2018 and will continue until position is filled.