Lead Application Developer/Research Engineer - 12857BR
Lead Application Developer/Research Engineer
- The position is located in Kansas City, Kansas (444 Minnesota Ave)
- Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the background check.
20% - Through regular code reviews and coordination of development activities with other JGCP developers and contractors, maintain high-quality software standards while achieving development goals on time.
15% - Work with project directors to identify potential software solutions to serve the needs of existing and planned projects. This includes working with directors at any point throughout the development lifecycle.
10% - Build the overall expertise of the development team through mentorship and technical assistance
5% - Work alongside TIDR Lab colleagues to support the JGCP technology infrastructure. This includes troubleshooting network problems related to web resources, assisting in office hardware and software upgrades, and troubleshooting individual workstation problems as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/application development/design or related area.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with relational database management systems (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using a code version control system (e.g., Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.)
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience developing applications for iOS or Android platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years’ web development experience
- Minimum 1 year experience building web APIs
- Development experience evidenced by links in resume or cover letter of at least one web or mobile application that the candidate played a lead role in developing. Login credentials, if applicable, are not required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience writing automated software tests (e.g. Acceptance, Integration, Unit)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience deploying and maintaining content management systems or frameworks such as Drupal, Joomla or WordPress.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing and maintaining learning management systems such as Moodle or Blackboard.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills as evidenced by application materials and work experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin September 18, 2018 and will continue until position is filled.