Leavenworth Student Academic Manager - 13079BR
Leavenworth Student Academic Manager
The Leavenworth Student and Academic Services Manager is responsible for leading the KU Edwards Campus instructional location in Leavenworth, KS. This position will be responsible in managing all areas of student, academic and administrative services including student service: Enrollment, Admissions, Budget management, Orientation, classroom support, building management, basic technology support, and course scheduling for this work location. This position develop, execute and assess the complex educational offerings (credit and professional and continuing education) programs and activities in the Leavenworth area designed to engage students and the community. This position will work closely with the Vice Chancellor of KU Edwards Campus, KU departments and academic program leaders and the Leavenworth community to achieve programmatic goals.
- Manage student services provided to Leavenworth location students including determining student needs, communicating services available, and advising students on services, programs, financial aid and tuition assistance.
- Lead the design, implementation, coordination, and delivery of student services opportunities to include working with registrar, bursar, admissions, career services, graduate military programs, student veteran center, international office, graduate office, academic support center, financial aid, etc.
- Oversee frontline support and resource referrals to all prospective and current Leavenworth students.
- Advise students in the military transition program and assist with program enrollment and complex financial aid packages.
- On-call evenings and weekends to provide on-site assistance for student needs and events; supervise operations at a remote coursework delivery location.
- Responsible for coordination of student issues with academic program leaders.
- Maintain an assigned caseload of students and fully use KU student information system, CRM system, and KUEC advising processes to serve the enrollment needs of Leavenworth students.
- Work one-on-one with prospective graduate, transfer, and readmit students on admission processes, enrollment steps, and degree planning while students prepare for admission to KU.
- Provide unofficial transcript evaluation and coaching to guide students with enrollment planning prior to attending KU as well as dual-enrollment planning when applicable. Works collaboratively with KU admissions and Graduate Studies on admission and transfer credit processes.
- Manage student records on KU student information systems and database/CRM systems.
- Maintain knowledge of KU Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid and Payment policies in order to appropriately assist students. Make appropriate referrals to those offices for complex problems.
- Regularly meet with the Academic Program Director(s) regarding advising and program content.
- Lead communication strategy efforts related to website, prospective and current students, and KU constituents relevant to classes offered in Leavenworth.
- Coordinate program management needs and scheduling with academic program leadership at the Leavenworth location. Schedule all credit, non-credit and training courses being offered at the Leavenworth location.
- Coordinates recruitment activities for for Leavenworth offerings in collaboration with program leaders, academic development liaisons, and KU Edwards Campus Marketing and Public Relations team (e.g., websites, recruitment material, open houses, marketing, etc.) to increase enrollment and courses offered both credit and non-credit.
- Works directly with executive leadership to implement strategic planning and student retention efforts; collect, student and enrollment data and prepare reports; formulate recommendations for continuance of courses, programs, and services based on statistical data.
- Represent KU Edwards at meetings, events and other internal/external efforts.
- Manage Leavenworth budget.
- Supervise student and/or part-time staff needed for Leavenworth location coverage.
- Coordinate provision of information technology needs with Assistant Director of information technology.
- Coordinate the Leavenworth location New Student Orientation and other pre-/post-orientation efforts with support from the Student Engagement and Inclusion Coordinator.
- Coordinate and manage all student programming and events held at the Leavenworth location, including Student and Faculty Appreciation Days, co-curricular programming, and other events.
- Develop relevant high-impact practices for Leavenworth students based on research and best practices for adult and military learners.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five years of experience working at a higher education institution with a background in student or enrollment services, program development or continuing education.
- 3 years’ experience in program and/or project management.
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 1 year of experience working with veteran or military affiliated students inside or outside an educational context.
- Effective written communication skills as demonstrated by the application materials and cover letter.
50% reflecting substantial travel to KUEC campus in Overland Park for meetings and local Leavenworth area travel.
- Experience in Veterans Affairs, VA education benefits experience or military student service experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions or other higher education student information systems.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Experience with one-stop student services delivery.
- Experience with academic program coordination.
- Public speaking experience.
- Experience with higher education student financials or student accounts.
- Knowledge of the Leavenworth/Lansing communities and surrounding areas.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications review will begin Wednesday November 14th, and will remain open until Friday, November 23rd.