Membership Director - 22363BR
This position oversees the monthly donor, vehicle donation and matching gift programs. Together with the Director of Development, they work to find new, innovative fundraising techniques to improve membership performance and explore new revenue channels.
KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 72 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
- Manage direct mail with the timely mailing of renewal letters each month, occasional additional gift and lapsed mailings, as well as a combination tax receipt/fundraising letter each January. Send acknowledgments for all gifts.
- Send monthly billing, which includes monthly donor recapture campaign.
- Order stationery, produce and oversee the production of letters, segment data for mailing lists, merge and print letters.
- Coordinate with third party processor to complete yearly acquisition mailing.
- Steward and cultivate a growing Sustainer (monthly recurring giving) program through events, email newsletters, giveaways and thank-you gifts.
- Manage all aspects of the vehicle donation program and relationship with Vehicles for Charity to include on-air and digital promotion.
- Oversees KPR’s matching gift program, identifying and implementing ways in which the program can be promoted and bolstered.
- Oversee the complete processing of deposit transactions from all sources, including checks, credit card transactions and electronic funds transfers.
- Answer questions and concerns about membership via email and phone.
- Work with KU Endowment staff on questions regarding gift processing, accounting and matching gifts through email and telephone contacts.
- Run processing of monthly donors, along with a follow-up reacquisition strategy for expired/cancelled cards/closed bank accounts.
- Run daily and monthly database functions for KPR. Monthly reports go to Director of Development.
- Assist with the production of three to four KPR on-air membership drives annually, coordinating with development staff to ensure strong execution of overall and daily strategies, timing and promotions of challenges, tactics, thank-you gift strategy, email, social media and design.
- Schedule KPR volunteers to assist with drives, and is responsible for training and stewardship of volunteers.
- Coordinate and review the entry of all on-air pledges, billings and charges.
- Occasionally collaborates on planning member-centered events, as well as helps staff outreach events throughout the year.
5% Other duties as assigned
- In response to staff requests for help with funding new projects, research foundation and federal grants as possible funding sources.
- Coordinate the writing, preparation, formatting, and submission of applications with staff.
- Keep on top of public radio developments in membership through conference attendance and public radio studies and webinars.
- Handle other duties as assigned by Director of Development or Director.
- Can occasionally involve manual labor.
- This position has the option of working on-site or hybrid in which incumbent works remote and on-site based on a set departmental schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree PLUS one (1) year of experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using computer databases.
- Accounting experience.
- Successful background in fundraising.
- Knowledge of Adobe design products.
- Experience using Allegiance Fundraising system.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact or other email marketing system.
- Knowledge of postal bulk and non-profit mail requirements.
- Knowledge of public radio.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated through application materials and interview process.
- Demonstrated motivation, organization and ability to follow through on projects and responsibilities
- Grant-writing experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references (including at least one previous or current supervisor).
- Completion of the online application.
- Application review begins Monday, June 20, 2022 and continues until a pool of qualified applicants is identified.