Military-Affiliated Student Center Specialist – Student Hourly - 23043BR
Military-Affiliated Student Center Specialist – Student Hourly
- Answering general queries regarding the MASC and relevant programming.
- Provide basic information and support to VA and military TA benefits users.
- Assist new and prospective military-affiliated students as they navigate their transition to KU.
- Assist with putting information on the veterans.ku.edu website and/or social media as needed.
- Assist the Military-Affiliated Student Center (MASC) staff with various duties related to customer service, outreach, and information dissemination.
- Complete a variety of projects, including assembling information packets and other materials as needed.
- Provide additional support as needed and directed; other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours or more.
- Experience with PCs and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook as demonstrated by application materials.
- Experience and/or strong interest in working with the KU military-affiliated community as demonstrated by application materials.
- Prior experience in an office/customer service setting as demonstrated by application materials.
- Experience working independently and efficiently; ability to complete tasks and assignments.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work with a wide range of students, prospective students, faculty, and staff.
- Prior experience in web design, editing, or use of CMS.
- Knowledge of military-affiliated benefits, e.g. VA educational benefits, MASC services, etc.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins August 10, 2022 and l will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
•Hours vary and work schedule is flexible depending on class schedule, availability to work when the center is open, and the center’s needs. The center is open Monday-Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.