MS & MBA Program Coordinator - 22303BR
MS & MBA Program Coordinator
The KU School of Business currently offers multiple nationally ranked graduate programs in an array of disciplines and formats including online, Lawrence and satellite campuses. The program coordinator’s office is located in beautiful Capitol Federal Hall, a 166,500 square foot modern facility, on the Lawrence campus, that the School of Business has called home since 2016.
This position is a full-time, twelve-month, regular staff appointment. This position is designated as primarily on-campus but has some flexibility to work virtually or hybrid over academic breaks, as approved. Other flexible work schedules will be evaluated as per KU policy and School guidelines.
Position is benefits eligible. KU offers excellent benefits to employees including generous retirement contributions, paid leave, insurance and various discount programs. Full details are available here: https://humanresources.ku.edu/benefits
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the university actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the programs and understand the profile of well qualified students for each program.
- Work closely with the Admission & Recruitment Coordinators to develop a marketing and recruiting plan for qualified students.
- Track and maintain admission to enrollment data. Compile data for internal and external reporting.
- Work closely with other KU offices (e.g. Financial Aid, Registrar, International Student Services and Graduate Studies) to understand KU policies and procedures. Serve as a liaison to these offices for students.
40% Program Coordination and Student Services Provide expertise to enhance, implement, and oversee student success in MS and MBA Programs. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with the department team to create an orientation and onboarding process for new students.
- Work one on one with admitted students to determine any pre-requisite courses needed.
- Advise students regarding enrollment and course selection.
- In cooperation with department staff, develop program policy and a program handbook.
- Assist students with special circumstances (e.g. leave of absence, academic probation, grade grievance, and credit transfer).
- Maintain current student data and provides reports on enrollment and graduation.
- Work with Executive Director to predict enrollments each semester so that resources can be allocated appropriately.
30% Program Administration and Miscellaneous Support Provide diverse administrative support related to the role and in support of MBA/MS programs within the School of Business and campus-wide. Duties include but not limited to:
- Determine classes needed for each program and ensure they are scheduled without conflict.
- Complete administrative tasks as needed to support mission of department and school.
- Participate as an integral and agile member of the MBA & MS team.
- Plan events for programs throughout the year.
- Attend business school staff and faculty assembly.
- Participate in school and university wide committees and groups as requested.
- Complete other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one year experience working in student services, admissions, or related activity.
- Experience working as part of a team as evidenced by work history and letter of application.
- Demonstrated skill in written communication as evidenced by the application materials.
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a college or university setting.
- Familiarity with analytics.
- Familiarity with graduate management education industry.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review will continue until a qualified pool of candidates is identified.