Office Assistant, KU Student Housing - 22528BR
Office Assistant, KU Student Housing
KU Student Housing provides on-campus housing to students at KU. The Temporary Office Assistant position will assist with administrative duties, including electronic filing; preparation for move-in; and data entry and audits. This position will be based in the Student Housing administrative office, with up to 35 hours weekly available through August 20. After that time and based on need, the position may end or have weekly hours reduced to 8-12 hours. Work shifts will be scheduled Monday through Friday, 8am – 4:30pm.
- Prep documents to be scanned into the electronic filing system (Perceptive Content).
- Scan documents into the electronic filing system.
- Merge duplicate data entries within the system.
- Purge all physical copies of documents once the files have been scanned and merged within the system.
- Record all rooms with furniture provided by housing.
- Record measurements of all areas within student rooms (bed heights, closets, dressers, windows, etc.
- Assist with key audits within buildings as needed.
- Organize and records locations/status of Student Housing Temporary Access Cards.
- Update all mailbox labels within the Apartments and Residence Halls.
- Clean & Organize common spaces used by Housing Staff throughout the year.
- Organize information located in the Student Housing systems by academic year.
- Gather information from internal areas within the Student Housing Department to maintain Student Housings Operational Calendar.
- Purge outdated marketing materials.
- Assist in preparing for August Move-In by organizing volunteer information, Student Housing apparel (shirts & name tags).
- Clean out and organize front desk areas.
- Audit all supplies utilized by KU Student Housing staff.
- Collect KU ID Cards from the KU Card Center.
- Sort KU ID Cards by student room assignments and distributes to various Student Housing locations.
- Sort Temporary Access Cards by student room assignments and distributes to various Student locations.
- Log out Temporary Access Cards assigned to students within the Student Housings room management system (Mercury).
- Assist the Coordinator for Projects and System Administration with tracking residents that do not have a KU ID Card.
- This position requires working on-site.
- This position requires lifting up to 30 pounds and movement throughout buildings with or without assistance
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire and maintain the license throughout employment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Writing communication skills.
- Experience working on an office setting.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references (including at least one previous or current supervisor).