Outdoor Pursuits Supervisor- Student Hourly - 23023BR
Outdoor Pursuits Supervisor- Student Hourly
- Experience as a ODP assistant at KU or similar situation is helpful, but not required.
- Work Schedule: Fall and Spring Semester; and fall, winter, and spring breaks. The Summer Semester is optional and is covered by those who are available to work.
- Ability to work Monday-Sunday with afternoon, evening, and late-night hours. Supervisors are expected to work weekend hours on a regular basis.
- Cover/Trade shifts for co-workers when needed and when able.
- Certification in CPR/AED or become certified within one month of appointment.
- Supervisor must have a valid driver’s license to operate a state-owned vehicle
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Completion of all duties assigned by Assistant Director of Facilities/Outdoor Pursuits.
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication with participants, guest, co-workers, and administration.
- All decisions, actions, and work habits shall maintain a high level of integrity and consistency.
- Maintaining and running the rental office: sweeping, organizing, throwing out old or broken equipment
- Act with personal responsibility and take ownership with their work.
- Implementation of risk management procedures and protocols when necessary.
- Customer Service
- Conflict resolution of participant issues and suggestions.
- Promoting a feeling of belonging to participants and staff.
- Leadership during injuries, disciplinary matters, and conflicts.
- Belaying rock-climbing participants on the climbing wall.
- Supervision of all rental equipment rentals and returns.
- Completing daily participation counts and supervisory reports.
- Implementing risk management procedures when necessary.
- Ability to use critical and logical thinking when dealing with both participants and staff issues while following procedures.
- Assist with initial training of ODP Assistants (through in-service training, outdoor pursuit assistant meetings, and field experiences).
- Delegation of appropriate tasks to ODP Assistants as necessary.
Maintenance / Cleaning:
- As needed / As requested.
- Dust, clean and sanitize entire climbing wall and rental center as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in 6 credit hours or more
- Leadership experience
- Customer Service experience
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Recreation work experience
- Multi-tasking ability
- CPR/AED certification