Part-Time TRIO Academic Advisor - 10934BR
Part-Time TRIO Academic Advisor
- Coordinate, design, implement and participate in all aspects of the program activities and services that strengthen the adult learner’s development that is related to successful school completion and post-secondary entry/re-entry.
- Provide 1:1 and group advising for the FAFSA and FSA ID, academic, career, college guidance assistance to participants in Wyandotte County.
- Conducting workshops and presentations to participating schools and community partners.
- Working with guidance counselors and community members familiar with potential participants who may not have a GED.
- Actively participate in the development of EOC literature and distribute in target areas.
- Establish and maintain contacts with community partners.
- Monitor student participation and ensure program goals and objectives are being met.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records and documentation regarding participant.
- Compile and analyze data, prepare/submit reports in a timely manner to Director, and assist with all required reports, including the Annual Performance (APR) for the US Department of Education.
- Providing continual program evaluation and conducts on-going assessment of program needs and makes necessary modifications.
- Coordinating college visits
- Acts as spokesperson for project in working with public agencies, civic organizations and local businesses in publicizing to the target community.
- Networking and working with professional staff from KU-EOC/
- Attends local, state, regional and national conferences.
- Participate in the Center for Educational Opportunity Programs (CEOP) quarterly meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
- Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling or related field at time of appointment.
- One year experience coordinating and implementing advising meetings and/or workshops.
- Previous experience working with educational resources, college admissions and/or financial aid processes
- Demonstrated written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills as evidenced by previous work experience and/or application materials.
- Previous experience working with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Master’s degree
- TRIO experience (including TRIO alumni status)
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Previous experience overcoming barriers similar to those of target population
- Experience in extensive personal counseling and advising.
Additional Candidate Instructions
The work schedule for this position is professional hours - 24 hours per week, with occasional evenings.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Application review begins February 19, 2018, and continues until the position is filled.