Personal Trainer-Student Hourly - POOL - 19597BR
Personal Trainer-Student Hourly - POOL
- Responsible for leading participants through a safe and effective workout prescribed by the trainer.
- Developing, leading & instructing participants through flexibility, cardiovascular, & resistance training programs.
- Defining measurable and attainable goals.
- Implementing risk management when necessary.
- Maintaining training session logs for the participant’s file.
- Assisting with special events.
- Ensuring payment has been received for session.
- Accurately documenting and completing payroll by the Sunday prior to pay date.
- Obtain and maintain proper CPR/AED certification.
- Participation in “Rec Alert” CPR/AED drills.
- Promptly alerting Assistant Director with any concerns or questions.
- Report broken/malfunctioning equipment, program concerns, personal issues.
- Attend monthly meetings and all required trainings.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours at KU.
- Possess current CPR/AED certification, or willing to obtain within 4 weeks of employment.
- Either completion of ACE Personal Training Program taught through KU Recreation Services and Professional fitness certification will be required 6- Months from hire date, or have passed an exam accredited by the NCCA such as ACE, ACSM, NSCA, etc. prior to applying for this position.
Personal Trainers are required to maintain certifications while employed at ASRFC.
- Instructors are required to attend mandatory in house continuing education that is provided by ASRFC.
- Personal Trainers are required to work an average of 6 hours a week.
- Complete concussion training within 4 weeks of employment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Previous experience as a personal trainer.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Online application.
- Cover Letter.
- Resume that includes any experience working in a fitness center and if you were/are a certified personal trainer.
- If applicable, attach a copy of your personal training certification and CPR/AED certification.
- Describe any experience working in a fitness center and being a certified personal trainer.
- Are you enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for the upcoming semester?
- Are you willing/able to work during periods when classes are not in session, such as summer, fall, winter, and spring break?
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Shifts Available for:
Monday through Thursday 6 am to 11 pm; Friday 6 am to 8 pm; Saturday 12 pm to 8 pm; and Sunday 12 pm to 11 pm.