Physical Therapist - 13071BR
The incumbent in this position will have access to confidential information that must be handled in accordance with all relevant state and federal laws and University policies and procedures regarding its use and disclosure.
WHS utilizes computer technology in all aspects of its operations, including an electronic health record system. The incumbent must become familiar with and be able to use the appropriate computer hardware and software programs associated with this position.
The incumbent must become familiar with and adhere to the Watkins Health Services Customer Service Plan to ensure appropriate interaction and positive outcomes with both internal and external customers.
Watkins Health Services is a unit in Student Affairs.
- Reviews physicians' referrals, evaluates patients, establishes objectives, and selects/applies appropriate treatment modalities
- Instructs patients in both onsite and home therapy programs
- Re-evaluates patients, and discusses patients' progress with their physician.
- Prepares and maintains thorough, accurate and timely electronic medical records which justify evaluation and treatment plans; patient condition changes; discharge instructions and summary; and records necessary for billing.
- Readily seek appropriate consultation for unusual or unresponsive cases while following established referral procedures. Incorporate resultant recommendations into treatment plan.
- Reasonable adherence to appointment schedule that allows patient encounter volume appropriate for practice.
- Participates in WHS support of KU Club Sports by providing on field injury interventions, as scheduled.
- Works with Supervisor to assure appropriate operation and development of current or new programs within the department and serves as the liaison between Physical Therapy and WHS staff or other units on campus.
- Responsible for Physical Therapy administrative processes such as policy/procedure development and maintenance and report generation.
- Serves as Clinical Education Coordinator between the PT and professional Education Programs for student internships, and provides onsite supervision to such students.
- Attends/participates in WHS staff and assigned program or committee meetings, outreach activities and special projects.
- In conjunction with the Athletic Trainer, determines the equipment and supply needs for therapy programs. Orders specific items through Supervisor. Checks equipment for wear and tear, keeps work area free of hazards.
- Participates in facility safety drills.
- Some evening and/or weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university.
- Current Kansas license or eligible in the State of Kansas.
- Personal professional liability insurance
- Current CPR certification; or within six months of hire.
- Athletic Trainer Certification through NARABOC.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills.
- Experience working with people of varying backgrounds, goals and philosophies.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience maintaining electronic medical records
- Interest in Sports Medicine, Orthopedics and/or Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy.
- Experience working as an Athletic Trainer.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.