Plumber - 10929BR
KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 72 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
KU is a great place to work!
40% - Assists senior plumbers in the installation and maintenance of gas heating equipment, drinking fountains, lavatories, commodes, distilled water stills, etc. Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gages as needed under the guidance of senior staff. Assists senior plumbers with assembly and installation of valves, pipe fittings and pipe composed of metals such as iron, steel, brass and leave and non-metals such as glass, vitrified clay and plastic, using hand and power tools. Test water for hardness, PH and other concerns in water stills, building boiler systems, and other areas as needed under the guidance of senior staff. Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers, mending burst pipes and opening clogged drains.
5% - Previews, assists in ordering and otherwise obtains plumbing materials and equipment. Complete production control job orders and other paperwork associated with work. Cleans and maintains work sites and equipment. Performs other related work as assigned. Assists with snow removal and surface treatment.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or completion of GED equivalency
- One year of professional plumbing experience. Certification of completion from a vocational school or an associate’s degree in plumbing may be substituted for the required experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire.
- Perform work above normal heights, in confined spaces, and in extreme temperatures.
- Lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50 lbs) occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Operate vehicles in transporting self and materials to job sites.
- Work overtime and respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from sketches, blueprints, and specifications.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience interacting directly with customers.