Policy & Compliance Intern - Student Hourly POOL - 21724BR
Policy & Compliance Intern - Student Hourly POOL
The policy and compliance intern will assist in reviewing the Policy Library , researching new and updated regulations, creating, and updating the compliance risk matrix, and researching and benchmarking peer institution’s policies. This position will also perform other duties as assigned.
Interns will work under close supervision of the Chief Compliance Officer, the Director of the Policy Office, and the Risk and Compliance Program Manager.
This position will support work at the KU Lawrence Campus and/or KU Medical Center.
- Review the Policy Library, looking for policies that are past due for review, duplicative, in conflict with other policies, or could be merged, expanded, or reduced.
- Create and maintain compliance matrix, identifying points of contact and applicable policies.
- Research and benchmark peer institution’s policies.
- Support specialized projects concerning policy and procedure.
- Assist with website development and updates as needed.
- Must be at least a current junior or senior undergraduate student or an undergraduate student accepted to a graduate school at the time of application.
- Must be enrolled in at least six credit hours at the University of Kansas.
- Must be in academic good standing as evidenced in application materials
- Excellent command of English language, usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading skills as evidenced in application materials.
- Undergraduate and/or work-related experiences in areas of internship interests.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft products - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter that addresses your qualifications and interest in the position
- Your work availability for the Spring 2022 semester and Summer 2022
This is a pool position and the review of applications is ongoing and hires will be made throughout the posting period.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
15 to 20 hours per week