POOL – Lecturer – Business Analytics and Information Systems - 11160BR
POOL – Lecturer – Business Analytics and Information Systems
Lecturers serve as participating members of departments and should engage in instruction-related activities beyond direct instruction. Examples include curriculum development committees, course improvement initiatives, and advising. Specific current needs are: BSAN/IST 326: Database Management Systems; and BBA 305: Management Science and Operations Management.
Applications will be reviewed and placed in a pool to be considered for teaching positions as needed. Applications will be accepted throughout the year. Appointments are one semester, renewable, subject to review and funding. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins. Any employment with the University of Kansas is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
- A Masters of Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or closely related field.
- A clear ability to effectively teach business analytics or information systems at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels.
- A Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field.
- A strong record of professional experience in information systems or analytics or related field.
- A demonstrated record of excellence in teaching courses in information systems or analytics.
- Ability to design and deliver new course successfully.
- Strong ties to the information systems or analytics professional community as demonstrated by employment or consulting activities.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Applications will be reviewed and placed in a pool to be considered for teaching positions as needed. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.