POOL- Classroom/Auditorium & Computer Labs Student Tech Assistant - 11004BR
POOL- Classroom/Auditorium & Computer Labs Student Tech Assistant
Classroom Technology & Public Computing fosters and strengthens relationships between the KU community and KU Information Technology by providing a single point of contact for services offered by KU IT in a courteous, timely, and knowledgeable manner to facilitate access to information and the innovative use of technology in support of learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor.
The Technology Assistant provides audio/visual, computer, and overall technology assistance to faculty, staff, and students who will be utilizing classrooms, auditoria and public lab spaces across campus. This position troubleshoots classroom and auditoria media equipment, provide users with one-on-one support, perform tasks for full-time staff, and perform other duties as directed by supervisors. This position will be responsible for basic upkeep of classrooms and facilities, routine maintenance of equipment and “end of the day” shutdown and lock up procedures. This position may include driving the state vehicle across campus to complete tasks. In addition to this, customer service is provided over the phone, and in face-to-face encounters with students, faculty and staff in the public lab environment. Work is tracked through a work ticket system, which students will be expected to create, update and resolve tickets. Duties will include: troubleshooting software questions (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite), assisting with KU related items (KU email, passwords reset, Enroll & Pay and Blackboard), connecting laptops to KU wireless networks, troubleshooting technology situations related to (but not limited to) networking, hardware, operating systems, printers and anti-virus software (Sophos) as well as general computing questions and problems.
Students would be scheduled in the Budig Main Lab for general troubleshooting and assistance to faculty, staff, and students or stationed to monitor one of the 5 large lecture halls in either Budig or Wescoe.
- Valid current driver’s license if position requires transport.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours at the University of Kansas.
- Students are required to be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Must be available to work evening, weekend, holiday breaks and summer hours.
- Knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows or Apple OS/iOS.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Experience working in a customer service environment, as evidenced in application materials.
- Good oral and written communications skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Familiarity with KU environment and online services.
- Experience using and troubleshooting audio/visual and equipment.
- Experience with video conferencing or general web conferencing software/hardware.
- Experience with basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Computer Science or Information Services majors.
- The ability to work at least one year.
- Experience working independently, as part of a team and multi-task.
Additional Candidate Instructions
An application packet includes:
Completed online application
Contact information for 3 references
Initial Review of applications will begin on February 22, 2018 and will continue as positions become available. Pool hires will be made throughout the semester as needed.