POOL - CRT (Cardio/Resistance Training) Specialist Stdnt Hrly - 18909BR
POOL - CRT (Cardio/Resistance Training) Specialist Stdnt Hrly
Responsible for the daily operations of the Cardiovascular/Resistance Training areas; weekday and weekend hours including early morning, afternoon, evenings and/or late evenings. An assistant must be certified in CPR/AED or become certified within four weeks after being appointed. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting participants with questions about utilizing the equipment.
- Towel Service- cleaning, distributing.
- Reporting repair and maintenance requests.
- Daily and weekly cleaning duties of all cardiovascular/resistance training equipment as assigned.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and deep cleaning.
- Risk management of CRT areas which includes utilizing radio.
- Ensuring proper technique of participants when utilizing fitness equipment.
- Knowledge of various exercises for different muscle groups.
- Assisting participants with use of lockers and ensuring they are unlocked for use.
- Ability to demonstrate use of all cardiovascular/resistance training equipment.
- Enforcing policies and procedures.
- Monitoring use of all cardiovascular/resistance training equipment.
- Completing shift reports.
- Obtain and maintain proper CPR/AED certification.
- Substituting when able
- Maintaining a safe environment of CRT (picking up plates, additional weights, cable accessories and dumbbells).
- Turning on/off 32 TVs.
- Ensuring emergency door is not blocked by participants working out.
- Answer participant questions and refer them to individuals when needed.
- Experience using cardiovascular and resistance training equipment including selectorized machines, plate loaded machines and free weights.
- Enrolled in 6 credit hours at KU during the academic year.
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by application materials/interview.
- Previous experience working in a recreation center, weight room, health club or gym setting. Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health or related major.
- Self-starter and takes initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Between the hours of: Monday-Thursday 5:15am-12:15am, Friday 5:15am- 11:00pm, Saturday 8:45am-11:00pm and Sunday 8:45am-12:15am.
- Will be scheduled opening, closing, and weekend shifts
- Average Hours Per Week: 10-12 hours
Completed Application Requirements: Online application, application questionnaire, cover letter and resume.
Will continue to review applications until all positions are filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
- Between the hours of: Monday-Thursday 5:15am-12:15am, Friday 5:15am- 11:00pm, Saturday 9am-11:00pm and Sunday 9am-12:15am.
- Will be scheduled to work morning, closing, and weekend shifts
- Average Hours Per Week 10-12