POOL - CRT (Cardio/Resistance Training) Specialist Stdnt Hrly/Wrk Stdy - 11904BR
POOL - CRT (Cardio/Resistance Training) Specialist Stdnt Hrly/Wrk Stdy
Responsible for the daily operations of the Cardiovascular/Resistance Training areas; weekday and weekend hours including early morning, afternoon, evenings and/or late evenings. An assistant must be certified in CPR/AED or become certified within four weeks after being appointed. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting participants with questions about utilizing the equipment
- Towel Service- cleaning, distributing
- Reporting repair and maintenance requests
- Daily and weekly cleaning duties of all cardiovascular/resistance training equipment as assigned
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and deep cleaning
- Risk management of CRT areas which includes utilizing radio
- Ensuring proper technique of participants when utilizing fitness equipment
- Knowledge of various exercises for different muscle groups
- Assisting participants with use of lockers and ensuring they are unlocked for use
- Ability to demonstrate use of all cardiovascular/resistance training equipment
- Enforcing policies and procedures
- Monitoring use of all cardiovascular/resistance training equipment
- Completing shift reports
- Obtain and maintain proper CPR/AED certification
- Participation in “Rec Alert” CPR/AED drills
- Maintaining a safe environment of CRT (picking up plates, additional weights, cable accessories and dumbbells)
- Turning on/off 32 TVs
- Ensuring emergency door is not blocked by participants working out
- Answer participant questions and refer them to individuals when needed
- Experience using cardiovascular and resistance training equipment including selectorized machines, plate loaded machines and free weights as evidenced by application materials.
- Enrolled in 6 credit hours at KU during the academic year.
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by application materials/interview.
- Previous experience working in a recreation center, weight room, health club or gym setting. Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health or related major.
- Self-starter and takes initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Between the hours of: Monday-Thursday 5:15am-12:15am, Friday 5:15am- 12:15am, Saturday 9am-10pm and Sunday 9am-12:15am.
- Will be scheduled to work at least one shift every other weekend.
- Average Hours Per Week 5-10
Completed Application Requirements: Online application, application questionnaire, cover letter and resume.
Will continue to review applications until all positions are filled.