POOL - Facility Assistant-Student Hourly - 10816BR
POOL - Facility Assistant-Student Hourly
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) is a $17 million facility which opened in September 2003. In 2008, a $6.3 million expansion was completed, increasing the total indoor space to 150,000 square feet. The ASRFC is comprised of many different activity spaces: 16,000 square feet of cardiovascular resistance training and free weight equipment, six indoor basketball/volleyball courts, a three-lane suspended jogging track, an aerobics studio, a martial arts studio, four racquetball courts, one squash court, a dasher board system gymnasium, a golf simulator, a 42-foot climbing wall and bouldering wall, two outdoor basketball courts, a conference room, and multimedia room.
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication with a high level of integrity and consistency.
- Act with personal responsibility.
- Enforcement of Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Cleaning and maintaining building as needed.
- Scanning of KUID’s, ASRFC ID’s and finger scans as to enforce access policies.
- Dissemination of KU Recreation Services program publicity while assisting participants with general facility information.
- Booking Simulator reservations.
- Checking out equipment.
- Assist participants with equipment.
- Collecting and documenting broken equipment for follow up.
- Operating and maintaining washing machines and dryers.
- Staff Special Events in building, at Shenk and Outdoor Volleyball sites as assigned or scheduled.
- Assist with event set up and tear down.
- Fill out special event reports with detailed information and collect waivers.
- Must be enrolled in i minimum of 6 credit hours at KU.
- Must be certified in CPR/AED or become certified within one month of appointment.
- Good oral communication skills as evidenced in application material.
- Flexible Work Schedule.
- Work Study Eligible.
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience.
- Proven ability to Multi-task.
- CPR/AED certification.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Complete Application Includes:
Online application, resume and cover letter.
Requisition will stay open until all positions are filled.