POOL - Front Office Student-Student Hourly - 12194BR
POOL - Front Office Student-Student Hourly
The front office student hourly position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations at the SILC front office, which includes answering the phone, interacting with patrons, and completing daily project requests submitted by staff.
The front office student hourly position will be responsible for the following:
- Answering/transferring telephone calls to staff.
- Interacting with patrons that come into office and need referrals.
- Knowledge of office equipment, including, but not limited to the following: Multi-function Device (MFD), scanning of documents, laminator, scheduling and fax machine.
- Be able to work on project requests as staff submit work projects to the front office.
- Work with student group registration and Rock Chalk Central, Knowledge of SILC programs/services.
- Must have good written/oral communication skills as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Must be knowledgeable about SILC’s Program/services.
- Prior experience and/or attendance with any of SILC’s programs/services.
- Must have the availability that SILC is looking to fill (mainly Monday/Wednesday).
- Federal Work Study preferred.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a cover letter and a resume or CV. Apply online and attach a letter describing your qualifications for this position. Only complete applications will be considered.
This is a pool posting. Review of applications will be ongoing and hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period.