POOL: Kansan News Staff Student Hourly/Work Study - 8433BR
POOL: Kansan News Staff Student Hourly/Work Study
Designers- Work strategically to think of ways of attracting the public and students to read the Kansan, followed by faculty, staff and alumni. Design layouts for the print product in a timely manner, work closely with section editors to produce visual elements of design and assist in the production of special sections and related products. Design Chiefs, Production Designers and Correspondent positions are also available.
Photographers/multimedia-multimedia staff is responsible for acquiring all multimedia content published by the Kansan. They cover various news, features, and sporting events with the use of video and photography.
- KU student enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester per academic year.
- Designers must have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign and have an understanding of basic principles of design
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Understanding of print/online Journalism
- Understanding of Google drive and iMac desktops
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on April 14, 2017 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure early consideration, apply before the application review date.
This is a POOL position and hiring may occur throughout the year.
*This has been extended to 1/31/18*