POOL - Lecturer: Applied English Center - 21162BR
POOL - Lecturer: Applied English Center
We are currently seeking Pool Lecturers for the Spring and Summer 2022 terms, with the possibility of continuing employment for the Fall 2022 term and beyond.
- Teach up to 16 hours/week in the intensive English program, specialized short-term programs, and/or other AEC programs.
- Other duties as assigned. Expectations will be determined at time of appointment. Depending on appointment terms, pool lecturers may be expected to participate in professional service and professional growth.
- The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins. Any employment with the University of Kansas is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
- This position requires working on-site.
- M.A. with concentration in TESL/TEFL or M.A. in Applied Linguistics with coursework in TESL/TEFL by the time of hire.
- One (1) year ESL/EFL post-secondary or K-12 teaching experience with students from more than one culture by the time of hire.
- Native speaker of English or required TOEFL and SPEAK scores below.
- A score of 60 on the SPEAK.
- 26 or higher on each part score of the computer-based TOEFL or with 26 or higher on each part score of the iBT TOEFL, or all scores 8 or above on the IELTS, or scores of 170 or higher on each section of the Applied English Center proficiency test is required.
- Successful ESL/EFL teaching experience at two (2) or more levels of English proficiency.
- Evidence of teaching two (2) or more skill areas.
- Overseas teaching experience.
- Experience in a university-level intensive English program.
- Experience in using a web-based course management system, such as Blackboard or Canvas.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- CV and Cover letter addressing how you meet the required qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references.
- Completion of the online application.