Pool - Lecturer for Theatre - 21907BR
Pool - Lecturer for Theatre
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in Theatre.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Regular Lecturer Duties for Theatre:
Teach undergraduate level courses in acting, musical theatre, stage management, theatre history, introduction to theatre, or other THR courses in the Department of Theatre and Dance on an as-need or semester basis.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
- Develop assignments, administer tests or other performance assessments, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
- The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments with students, as requested.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
- Terminal Degree (MFA or PhD) in Theatre or closely related field;
• OR at least two-years of experience teaching at an accredited university,
• OR two or more years of professional experience as a practitioner in dance, theatre, film, television, and/or other media.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Initial review begins on 4/25/2022, until a qualified pool of applicants is obtained
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing