POOL - Lecturer - 22077BR
POOL - Lecturer
Situated in the historic and culturally vibrant city of Lawrence, a thriving diverse community 40 minutes from the Kansas City metropolitan area, the School of Architecture & Design has a 100-year history of educating architects and designers who have made significant contributions to the State, region, and world. Our mission is to be the pioneering force for global impact through design.
Founded in 1865, KU is a designated Carnegie comprehensive doctoral research university and one of only 34 public members of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU). The university enrolls more than 28,000 students and offers students and faculty opportunities to collaborate in its graduate programs which include education, public health, medicine, law, and a number of allied social science disciplines.
The newly established program in Interior Architecture is a four-year Bachelor of Science degree program delivered by the School of Architecture and Design. The program collaborates closely with the Department of Architecture.
This pool seeks Interior Architect and Design Lecturers with skills including but not limited to: residential and commercial design, furniture design, materials and product design and specifications, sustainable design, and evidence-based design.
Applicants should have a demonstrated excellence in the practice of Interior Architecture or the teaching of Interior Architecture studios or classes.
2. Course Preparation (20% of total time) – Course preparation, coordination with the program director, and end of the semester course material archiving
3. Office Hours (10% of total time) – On-campus office hours and program meeting attendance
1. A first professional advanced degree in interior design/interior architecture, architecture, environmental design or a closely related field.
2. Demonstrated ability to teach studios and seminar/lecture courses in the Interior Architecture Program.
1. NCIDQ or Interior Design State Licensure, AIA or international equivalents
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will be ongoing.