POOL - Lecturer - 8179BR
POOL - Lecturer
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate or graduate courses consistent with program instructional needs. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
- Planning and organization of the course, including the syllabus, preparation, textbook acquisition, etc. (unless teaching Basic Course class where textbook and guidelines for syllabi are set).
- Instruction throughout the semester (3 in-class hours per week, MWF or TR).
- Administration of tests and assignments and grading those assignments.
- Holding office hours (3 hours per week).
- Filling out and turning in grade sheets at the end of each semester. If required (Basic Course) turning in those records at the end of each semester.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
- M.A. in Communication Studies or a related field.
- At least one semester teaching experience at the College/University level in Communications Studies or a related field.
- Evidence of teaching competence.
- Lecturers teaching undergraduate courses are required to have at least a Masters in the discipline; OR, if they hold a Masters degree in a discipline other than Communication Studies, they must have completed a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline or subfield in which they teach.
- Lecturers teaching graduate courses are required to have a terminal degree in the discipline.
- Ph.D. in Communication Studies or a related field.
- Prior experience teaching in the specific course of interest.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing