POOL - Lecturer - 8270BR
POOL - Lecturer
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in Linguistics consistent with departmental instructional needs.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction with office hours and/or Q&A sessions. Regular weekly interaction is expected in courses.
- Provide instruction for course(s). Classes are generally in a semester format.
- Administer assignments, tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Supervise GTAs where applicable.
- Be available for students involved in classes taught. Hold regular Office hours for students in the class which may include a set time where students can contact the instructor, but must also include expectations for timely responses to student inquiries.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
- Ph.D. degree in Linguistics.
- Expertise on topic being taught as evidenced in application material (from educational and employment experience)
- Teaching experience (classroom or online) at the university level.
- Evidence or testimony regarding excellent teaching ability at the university level.
- Experience teaching Linguistics content.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing