POOL: Peer Mentor - Student Hourly - 11145BR
POOL: Peer Mentor - Student Hourly
This position will serve as a Peer Mentor to students in the KU-TPE program. The Peer Mentor will mentor and guide students throughout the year to help students transition to college under the direction of the KU-TPE Program Coordinator. Peer Mentors will engage with KU-TPE students in identified and appropriate activities related to student interests, such as student clubs, intramural sports, and campus-wide activities like KU athletic events.
Peer Mentors will participate in required training (2 hrs) and meet with KU-TPE staff every other week to problem-solve and plan future activities.
- Establish friendships and making campus social connections
- Encourage and participate with student in KU student clubs, activities, intermural sports, etc. based on interests
- Help students solve basic day-to-day issues
- Attend training and ongoing support meetings for KU-TPE Peer Mentors
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the term of employment
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at time of application
- 1 year experience finding and participating in KU student clubs & activities
- Desire to learn more about KU student clubs & activities as demonstrated by experience and application materials