POOL: Peer Tutor - Student Hourly - 11146BR
POOL: Peer Tutor - Student Hourly
This position will serve as a Peer Tutor to students in the KU-TPE program. The Peer Tutor will support students with their academic coursework under the direction of the Academic Advisor. Peer tutors will lead weekly group tutoring sessions and assist with academic adaptations. Peer Tutors will participate in required training (2 hrs) and meet with KU-TPE staff every other week for one hour.
- Provide academic support including;
- Assist students with course assignments
- Helping students to navigate campus resources
- Facilitate group tutoring sessions
- Assist in organization of schedule and academic materials
- Attend training and ongoing support meetings for KU-TPE Peer Tutors
- Serve as a resource for students in the KU-TPE program
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the term of employment
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at time of application
- Excellent speaking and writing skills as evidenced by application materials and interview
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office, specifically developing spreadsheets in Excel, using editing and formatting features of Word (e.g. track changes, inserting pictures/graphs, wrapping text, etc.), as well as creating and editing slides in PowerPoint.
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Previous experience providing tutoring
- Experience with and knowledge of a variety of KU resources and student services
- Experience using various online applications and social media (e.g., Google apps, Blackboard, Facebook, Twitter, Remind 101, YouTube, Blackboard, discussion boards, etc.)
- Demonstrated reliability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently to complete tasks.