POOL - Postdoctoral Researcher - 18465BR
POOL - Postdoctoral Researcher
Applications for postdoctoral researchers will be reviewed for consideration for a one-year research position (with possible extension based on performance and availability of funding). The specific nature of the planned research projects is proprietary, but may involve one or more of the following topical areas:
- Reaction engineering, including detailed modeling and experimental characterization of novel reactor designs, multi-phase catalytic systems, and complex reaction kinetics;
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of homogeneous, heterogeneous, and/or bio-catalysts for a wide variety of chemistries;
- Advanced spectroscopic measurements and surface science, including development of in situ or operando experiments;
- Theoretical chemistry and molecular modeling of reaction mechanisms, condensed phases, or novel porous materials;
- Engineering tunable solvents (e.g., supercritical fluids, gas-expanded liquids, and ionic liquids) as reaction media or for energy-efficient separations;
- Design and evaluation of chemical processes, including plant-scale simulations (Aspen/HYSYS), and environmental sustainability assessments (LCA);
5% - Participate in CEBC’s Lab Safety program and other professional development and educational outreach activities
5% - Prepare reports of the results for the project sponsor, publications, and assist in securing intellectual property rights on inventions
- This position is required to work on-site.
- Limited travel to ADM in Decatur IL may be required, subject to applicable COVID-19 travel guidelines.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry or closely related discipline
- Strong research history in a field or fields related to project sponsor’s needs
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by application materials and interview process.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to work as a member of a research team.
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an interim basis not to exceed 6-months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
- Substantial experience working as a member of a research team, particularly in projects related to catalysis, or chemistry of biomass or agricultural products
- Experience in mentoring other researchers (typically at the undergraduate or master’s level)
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Deadline/Review Date: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing, continuous basis.
- Estimated Start Date: Ongoing - hires will be made on an as needed basis