POOL- Program Facilitator (Part-time temporary) - 21129BR
POOL- Program Facilitator (Part-time temporary)
The Temporary Program Facilitator provides support to the Professional Programs team by moderating online course offerings and traveling to regional, national, and international locations to coordinate event logistics and ensure professional and timely delivery of content.
This is a temporary part-time position with travel expected 6-10 times per year, when travel resumes. This position is hybrid, with most work being done remotely either online or in-person at onsite delivery locations but would involve occasional in-office work for team and planning meetings. Fully remote arrangement may be considered based on geographic location of candidate.
KU Professional & Continuing Education (KULPE), headquartered on the Edwards Campus, operates in a self-supporting business environment while aligning with KU's academic, research, and public service missions. KULPE works collaboratively with all KU academic schools and departments to provide continuing professional education. KULPE programs serve all 105 Kansas counties, 50 U.S. states, and 61 nations. The Professional Programs unit of KULPE develops and manages non-credit professional development through conference management, public and in-house programs, and online course delivery.
75% Coordination of Program Delivery
- Moderate online courses delivered as public offerings or contracted direct-to-business trainings.
- Travel to event locations and manage course implementation at regional, national and international locations, acting as a representative of KU Professional & Continuing Education.
- Coordinate logistics at events. Activities include, but are not limited to participant check-in and registration, meeting room set-up, addressing instructional or presentation needs, and acting as a point of contact regarding attendee concerns.
- Responsible for making independent decisions regarding unanticipated contingencies at program event locations.
- Record course attendance and verify through online registration system.
- Process travel expense reimbursements, as applicable.
- Adheres to University of Kansas, KULPE and State of Kansas policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs with or without any accommodation.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- U.S. Citizenship to be able to gain access to secure facilities such as a U.S. military location.
- High school degree plus one year of event management experience or other related experience.
- Two years of work experience in position that included working effectively in a team environment, with deadlines, and multiple, rapidly evolving priorities.
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced in application materials and interview process.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in continuing educational programming or adult education.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Work experience that required strong organizational skills.
- Work experience that required word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This is a POOL posting. Review of applications will begin Monday, February 14th and be ongoing as hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period.