POOL-Public Svcs Student Asst/Wrk Study/Stdt Hrly- Watson Library - 12251BR
POOL-Public Svcs Student Asst/Wrk Study/Stdt Hrly- Watson Library
You will provide helpful and friendly assistance to library users in a variety of ways including in-person and by telephone; answer library user questions and provide general information and directional guidance. You will check out, return and shelve library materials. Watson Library student assistants will also perform collection maintenance duties as well as many other tasks in support of Watson operations. These tasks can vary from technology support to setup for events in public areas.
- KU Student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Minimum of 6 months of customer service experience.
- Willingness to maintain assigned work schedule and flexibility to cover shifts for others.
- Available to work hours required for a particular opening.
- Commitment to ongoing training in addition to work schedule.
- Enjoys working with the public.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to library users.
- Library work experience and/or familiarity with KU Libraries as a user.
- Well-developed computer skills including knowledge of Office, Google Docs and Adobe products.
- Work-study eligibility.
- Availability to work when classes are not in session.
- Knowledge of the Library of Congress classifications system.
- Ability to maneuver heavy book trucks.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on July 9, 2018 and will continue as positions become available.