POOL Student Hourly - Customer Service Center Level I - 10707BR
POOL Student Hourly - Customer Service Center Level I
Service Management & Delivery fosters and strengthens relationships between the KU community and KU Information Technology by providing a single point of contact for services offered by KU IT in a courteous, timely, and knowledgeable manner to facilitate access to information and the innovative use of technology in support of learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor.
- General troubleshooting and assistance to faculty, staff, and students with problems relating to KU computing systems and services (Enroll and Pay, e-mail, Blackboard, classroom support, virus eradication, etc.), as well as general computing questions and problems.
- Provide assistance and troubleshoot basic account management issues.
- Enter all issues into a problem tracking software.
- Update the knowledgebase as required.
- Provide remote assistance to users.
- Assist with special projects, administrative reports, and other duties as assigned.
2. Must be available to work evening, weekend, holiday breaks and summer hours
3. Knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows, or Apple OS/iOS.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
5. Experience with Microsoft Outlook
6. Experience working in a customer service environment
7. Good oral and written communications skills as evidenced by application materials
8. Valid current driver’s license if position requires transport
9. Enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours at the University of Kansas
Required qualifications need to be addressed in application letter.
1. Familiarity with KU environment and online services
2. Experience using and troubleshooting audio/visual and equipment
3. Experience with basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting
4. Computer Science or Information Services majors.
5. Evening and weekend availability
6. Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and multi-task
7. Eligible for Federal Work Study funding
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application consists of:
- Cover letter addressing how the Required Qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Initial review of applications will begin January 8, 2018 and will continue as positions become available. Pool hires will be made throughout the semester as needed.