POOL - Student Hourly - Resource Sharing - 10664BR
POOL - Student Hourly - Resource Sharing
- Opening incoming mail (ie books, media items, journal issues, etc).
- Checking-in library materials in various systems (ILLiad, Voyager)
- Processing library materials (including placing holds, checking out, labeling, & routing)
- Preparing borrowed material to be mailed back to lending libraries.
- Sorting and shelving journals in Watson periodicals location.
- Creating, editing and maintaining library records
- Retrieving print books and journals from KU’s collection
- Scanning items for electronic delivery
- Searching KU’s electronic journal subscriptions for requested materials to provide to requester.
- Statistical projects & running/verifying usage report
- Other duties as assigned.
These duties require a high level of accuracy and speed, as well as the ability to quickly learn and retain very detailed, time-sensitive, and complex procedures. The work performed must meet established quality and turnaround time standards.
- KU Student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Willingness to maintain assigned work schedule.
- Availability to work a regular schedule of at least 10 hours a week between 8 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday. And to work those hours in blocks of at least 2-3 hours.
- Library work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to public service.
- Experience with computers, library online catalog, scanners and software applications, e.g. word processing, adobe acrobat, databases.
- Knowledge of one or more Western European languages.
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to accurately perform extremely detailed work.
- Problem solving skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Applicants are required to attach either a cover letter or resume to your application.
- Applicant must include hours you are available to work.