POOL - Student Hourly - Resource Sharing - 19547BR
POOL - Student Hourly - Resource Sharing
Duties include one or more of the following:
- Opening incoming mail (ie books, media items, journal issues, etc).
- Checking-in library materials in various systems (ILLiad, Voyager)
- Processing library materials (including placing holds, checking out, labeling, & routing)
- Preparing borrowed material to be mailed back to lending libraries.
- Sorting and shelving journals in Watson periodicals location.
- Creating, editing and maintaining library records
- Retrieving print books and journals from KU’s collection
- Scanning items for electronic delivery
- Searching KU’s electronic journal subscriptions for requested materials to provide to requester.
- Statistical projects & running/verifying usage report
- Other duties as assigned.
These duties require a high level of accuracy and speed, as well as the ability to quickly learn and retain very detailed, time-sensitive, and complex procedures. The work performed must meet established quality and turnaround time standards.
- KU Student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Willingness to maintain assigned work schedule.
- Availability to work a regular schedule of at least 10 hours a week between 8 AM- 4 PM Monday-Friday, and to work those hours in blocks of at least 1-2 hours.
- Library work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to public service.
- Experience with computers, library online catalog, scanners and software applications, e.g. word processing, adobe acrobat, databases.
- Knowledge of one or more Western European languages.
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to accurately perform extremely detailed work.
- Problem solving skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Applicants are required to attach either a cover letter or resume to your application.
- Applicant must include hours you are available to work.
- **Applicant must follow below directions on submitting available work times.
** Due to our department’s need for very specific hours, we have a separate (more specific) availability sheet we'd like you to fill out, instead of the system's pre-generated one. Please complete the following steps to ensure you fill this out correctly and accurately:
- Click and download the document from the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OA6KuMwZI1ydxKmpF3KpEgY1O_hvkPBN_YnE_4RX5Vk/edit?usp=sharing
- Download (Go to ‘File’, then ‘Download as’) a copy of this document (title it LASTNAME_Availability) and fill it in as instructed on the sheet, for your Fall semester availability (if available BEFORE the Fall semester begins, please add your availability to the “Additional Info” box on page 2).
- Upload your availability document to the "Other Documents" section on the application form, for us to view.
- Please email Nishon Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions over how to do this!
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
10-20 hours/week between 8 am-4 pm Monday-Friday.