POOL - Student Hourly - Undergraduate Student Researcher - 18096BR
POOL - Student Hourly - Undergraduate Student Researcher
**This position may be either telework or in-person.
We will select students based on their academic major, academic performance at KU, employment and research experience, language skills, and the results of an interview.
Requirements include some coursework completed in physics and a GPA of 3.0 or better. We prefer physics, engineering physics, or engineering majors. However, highly motivated students with other majors are also encouraged to apply.
To apply for the research position, you should contact either Dr. Rogan or Dr. Bean to discuss your interest in the position. After this discussion, you should submit a letter describing your academic qualifications and how this research would fit into your future career plans. Please address your previous experiences in research as well as computing, software, electronics, or other pertinent skills.
- PHSX 111 or above completed coursework, as demonstrated in application materials.
- Must be in good academic standing, as demonstrated in application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must:
- have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or
- be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or
- be enrolled in summer session or
- be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Physics or Engineering major
- Highly motivated student in another major
- Research experience
- Good language skills
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on 11/03/20, and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants
Advertised Salary Range
To be determined by selected candidates in conjunction with Dr. Rogan and/or Dr. Bean.