POOL-Student Security Monitor - 22580BR
POOL-Student Security Monitor
- Monitor CCTV cameras at Spencer Museum of Art and the Public Safety Office.
- Make inspection tours inside Spencer Museum of Art (includes art galleries, stairs, storage rooms) reporting any suspicious activities or irregularities.
- Based on need, students may perform security responsibilities on foot during home football and basketball games. Students will be assigned to monitor activities in specified sectioned seating areas at special events and report any suspicious activities or irregularities.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff of Spencer Museum of Art and the Public Safety Office.
- In order to carry out the responsibilities of a student security monitor, applicants must remain mentally alert, be confined to a small space for long periods of time without experiencing anxiety, see and hear clearly in order to detect suspicious activities or irregularities.
- Must meet KU minimum enrollment requirements for employment (6 credit hours or more during the academic year).
- Must be available to work late nights, weekends and holidays/breaks.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Pursuant to Federal and State Regulation effective 8-9-2013, all civilian law enforcement employees having access to CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System) are required to be U.S. citizens or non-U.S. citizens who are legally able to perform the work in or for the United States. (NOTE: Naturalized U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens legally able to perform work in or for the U.S. must provide appropriate official documentation for proof of such.)
- Must be free of any diversions for or convictions of felonies and free of serious misdemeanors.
- Must submit to and pass a thorough background check.
- Must have hearing and sight correctable to a normal range, with or without accommodation.
- Mental alertness is mandatory at all times.
- Must be able to climb stairs, walk long distances and stand for long periods of time with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to speak using good clarity, tone, syntax and grammar for purpose of reporting irregularities.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Must have working knowledge of computer.
- Experience in working in an office setting.
- Must work effectively with others.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Hours worked will be between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., Sunday through Saturday.
- CCTV Monitoring Center shift hours: 6:00-10:00 p.m., 10:00 pm-2:00 a.m., and 2:00-6:00 a.m.
- Spencer Art Museum hours.
- Based on need, students may also work football and basketball games.
- Employees can work up to a maximum of 20 hours in a normal work-week period.
- Employees assigned to Spencer Museum of Art will be issued one uniform shirt.
- Employees will be responsible for providing their own pants/slacks to be worn with the uniform shirt. Pants must be khaki or tan in color - no jeans or shorts.
- Employees are required to maintain a professional appearance. They must assume the responsibility for maintaining high standards of personal grooming and cleanliness. Hair will be neat, clean and present a professional appearance. Beards shall be neatly trimmed and groomed.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
*Hours worked will be between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., Sunday through Saturday.
*CCTV Monitoring Center shift hours: 6:00-10:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m. and 2:00-6:00 a.m.
*Spencer Art Museum hours.
*Based on need, students may also work football and basketball games.
*Employees can work up to a maximum of 20 hours in a normal work-week.