POOL: Student Shop Assistant - 18999BR
POOL: Student Shop Assistant
- General maintenance and organization of the shop.
- Using and assisting other students with power tools, hand tools, welders, and software.
- The successful candidate for this position must be assertive and willing to correct or to stop students from using power tools in dangerous or incorrect ways.
- Current KU student enrolled in a minimum of 6-credit hours.
- Previous experience using mechanical tools as demonstrated by work history or course work history OR a demonstrated desire to learn as outlined in the application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Preference given to degree-seeking students within the School of Architecture and Design.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with band saws, table saws, welders, and plasma cutters as well as a wide variety of hand tools.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with software packages including AutoCAD, Revit, and Solidworks
- Willingness and ability to assist and guide students through personal accountability, a positive attitude, and an understanding of equipment/tools/software.
- Must be able to work one or two evenings per week as well as Saturday mid-day or Sunday evening.
Additional Candidate Instructions
The review date is May 3, 2021. This is a POOL posting. Review of applications will be ongoing and hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period.
Advertised Salary Range
To be decided; Candidate must provide their daily availability through the application process.