POOL - Student Ticket Writer-Student Hourly - 22831BR
POOL - Student Ticket Writer-Student Hourly
KU Transportation Services is looking for student ticketing officers. The student will help patrol with a full-time officer or a fellow student officer in one of the LPR (License Plate Recognition) vehicles and/or the student may also be called upon to patrol an area by ticketing on foot using a handheld ticketing device. The student will also work in the information booths helping visitors navigate campus and making sure only certain permitted vehicles are allowed onto Jayhawk Boulevard during the restricted hours.
General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Patrolling with a full-time officer or alone in an LPR vehicle in an assigned area..
- Ticketing on-foot, writing ticket violations.
- Relieving booth personnel for breaks and cover for the booth personnel in the event of their absence.
- Work events which include all home football and basketball games, Commencement and student housing move-in.
- Meets University of Kansas enrollment criteria (minimum 6 credit hours).
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Valid Driver's License.
Initially required to work a minimum of 12 hours a week during the academic year, with summer availability of up to 40 hours.
- Prior work experience with customer service.
- Students awarded Federal Work Study preferred.
- Works well with others.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A complete electronic application will include a resume with prior work experience and a schedule of availability.
- Please submit your class schedule with your application materials.
Application review begins July 29, 2022 and will continue until all positions have been filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Varied hours Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm.
12-20 hours per week. This will include some weekday night and weekend hours.