POOL - Theatre Rigger - 20336BR
POOL - Theatre Rigger
Non-student theatrical riggers for events at the Lied Center. Number of riggers needed on a call varies based on the production and performance needs.
Load in and load out times may vary, but candidates hired will typically work 7 hours each show. 4 hours for load in and 3 hours for loud out.
Riggers will participate in chalking the stage, unloading rigging cases and hanging points, cable picks, diversion lines, side tabs, etc. Riggers will strike dead rigging cases. Riggers will then strike all rigged points following the show.
- This position is required to work on-site.
- Perform physical tasks associated with this occupational group with or without assistance.
- Rig/pull dead hangs, bridals, inverts, cable picks, be able to build points and tie appropriate knots as appropriate to up-rigging or down-rigging responsibilities with or without assistance.
- Flexibility to work around performance schedules.
- Two years of theatrical or arena up and/or down rigging experience.
- Five or more years freelance rigging experience in theatre.
- Experience working independently.
- Experience multiple technical theatre systems, i.e. fly rail, audio, video, lighting as they will work in an around these systems.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Completion of the online application.
- Contact information for three (3) professional references who can speak to your rigging skills.
- This is an open search to hire multiple temporary workers. Review of applications begins Monday, October 11, 2021 and continues until all positions are filled.