POOL - TRIO Peer Tutor - Student Hourly - 19380BR
POOL - TRIO Peer Tutor - Student Hourly
2. Assist students in subject content preparations for class/tests. Review important concepts relevant to subject tutored.
3. Assess learning progress and preparedness of students. Establish an environment of patience, encouragement, and rapport with students.
4. Be punctual and consistent in attendance for tutoring sessions.
5. Check KU email regularly for information/assignments
6. Complete online time sheets as directed by the Project Office Manager/Payroll Supervisor.
7. Complete all necessary paperwork as directed by the Academic Coordinator
8. Keep Academic Coordinator informed of any tutoring issues
9. Attend all required tutoring orientations, trainings and team meetings.
10. Tutors are requested to give a two week notice prior to resignation
2. 3.0 or better GPA in subject area/s to be tutored or special consent from Academic Coordinator.
3.12-15 credit hours in subject area(s) to be tutored or special consent from Academic Coordinator.
4. Experience with communicating effectively with diverse populations as evidenced in application materials.
2. Completion of one semester or more of coursework at the University of Kansas
3. Eligible for work-study
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Completion of the online application
- Cover Letter
- Names/Contact information of 3 professional references.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
2-12 Hours Per Week - Virtual on Zoom/ In-person
Flexible between the hours of:
8AM - 8PM Monday through Friday;
11AM - 4PM on Saturday;
1PM - 6PM on Sunday