Postdoctoral Researcher - 10926BR
Starting Date: August 6, 2018, or as soon thereafter as the position can be filled (also negotiable)
Length of Appointment: Initial appointment is for two years, with the possibility of renewal annually for three subsequent years subject to funding and review.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins
70% - Work in a collaborative fashion with clinical and management professionals from CLO and the Performance Management Lab at KU to design, conduct, and disseminate research on CLO’s models and systems including remote support technologies.
- Research will involve at least the following (not an exhaustive list of tasks):
- Oversight of graduate or undergraduate research assistants including scheduling, training, reliability analyses, and ongoing follow-up and support;
- Direct observation and data collection of various dependent variables;
- Implementation of any independent variables, possibly including staff training, coaching, and delivery of feedback, incentives, or other procedures/principles;
- Development and implementation of key performance indicators and quality assurance metrics for remote support professionals;
- Collaboration and cooperation with other departments or professionals (e.g., technology professionals);
- Large-scale projects that may take several years to fully complete as well as smaller, pilot studies that may be used for securing grants (note that the pilot studies may also be publishable as stand-alone projects).
- Dissemination will include presentations at regional and national conferences as well as publications in peer-refereed journals.
10% - Attendance and participation at meetings that are necessary to fulfill job responsibilities, including but not limited to Performance Management Laboratory meetings (weekly), individual supervision meetings (weekly), KU/CLO research meetings (biweekly), and supervision meetings with research assistants. Other duties as assigned.
1. PhD in behavior analysis or related field.
2. Experience with research involving staff-level assessment.
NOTE: To be appointed as a Postdoctoral Researcher, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Conditional appointments can be made on an Acting basis without a diploma or certified transcript but only for a period not to exceed 6 months. After this time a diploma or certified transcript is required for continued employment.
- The ability to communicate through verbal and written mediums.
- The ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively.
- A high energy level, adaptability, assertiveness, patience and ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of computers, specifically Word and GraphPad applications;
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Flexibility in assigned working hours.
- Time management and follow-up skills with ability to plan, organize, and prioritize a large workload; and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Become trained in first aid, CPR instruction, and MANDT training.
- Good computer skills – ability to work with all Microsoft office programs.
- Ability to learn new databases.
- Ability to adapt to new systems.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Complete the online application at: https://employment.ku.edu/staff/10926BR and include the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applications will begin on 02/17/2018 and continue until a pool of qualified applicants is obtained.