Postdoctoral Researcher - 11423BR
30% Facilitate & support the group’s overall research program through (i) basic training of new students, (ii) supervision of the laboratory personnel, and (iii) maintenance of the laboratory.
20% Publish independent primary research results in appropriate journals.
10% Write competitive grant proposals to enhance funding of the group’s research program.
- Ph.D. in Geology or closely related field.
- One year experience in laboratory-intensive, low-temperature geochemical research as evidenced by application materials.
- One year experience with research in environmental microbiology or microbial geochemistry as evidenced by application materials.
- Demonstrable independence in ethical conduct of high-quality scientific research.
- Evidence of working well within a diverse group, including resolution of major or minor conflicts.
- Experience in running controlled laboratory experiments in mineral precipitation kinetics.
- Experience characterizing microbial communities from natural environments.
- Experience conducting geochemical & microbiological fieldwork in modern marine & lacustrine environments.
- Experience with analytical & microscopy techniques for analyses of solid-phase materials.
- Independent management of a research laboratory or components thereof.
- Experience training students in standard analytical laboratory techniques.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin April 20, 2018. For first consideration, please apply before April 20, 2018.