Postdoctoral Researcher - 12270BR
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual with in-depth knowledge and extensive skills in cancer biology and drug discovery to join a laboratory focused on molecular cancer therapeutics and mechanism of action of novel cancer drugs.
Website: Xu Lab http://www.molecularbiosciences.ku.edu/liang-xu
2. 25% - Submit grant proposals to appropriate federal agencies, private foundations, and corporations to secure funding to support research programs.
3. 20% - Actively participate in the activities of the Higuchi Biosciences Center including, but not limited to, participation in scientific seminars, participation in group meetings and relevant seminars, reporting progress for the benefit of reports, collaborating with Center scientists and presentation of scholarly work in appropriate local, regional, and national settings.
4. 5% - Preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication and assistance in compiling data for filing patents and seminars including maintenance of detailed records of research and findings. All relevant data must be recorded in a laboratory notebook following a standard style utilized by the laboratory.
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed six months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
2. The ability to carry out research tasks independently.
3. Effectively collaborate with other research staff in the laboratory.
4. Good oral and written communication skills and strong publication record.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete electronic application will include a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2018.