Postdoctoral Researcher - 15017BR
- Analyze proprietary systems using various measurement techniques including but not limited: to gravimetric microbalances, volumetric view cells, high-pressure vapor-liquid equilibrium apparatus, high-pressure density and viscosity, thermal conductivity, gas chromatography analysis, Karl-Fischer analysis, etc.
- Design and construct new laboratory equipment
- Data modeling and simulation
- Writes technical reports and scientific papers for peer reviewed journals
- Present oral and written technical results to industry partners to convey scientific progress
- Prepare manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication
- Assist in writing grant proposals to achieve funding goals for future research
- Assist the principal investigator to provide experimental and technical supervision of one or more students
- Train new students and research personnel on experimental methods
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students conducting research projects
- Develop standard operating procedures and safety protocols for laboratory
- Ensuring systems are in place for efficient planning of lab supplies, records, and document management
- PhD in chemical engineering, physical chemistry, mechanical engineering, physics, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience in moderate and high-pressure (to ~200 bar) experiments
- Demonstrated experience with sampling and GC analysis
- Demonstrated experience in heat transfer engineering and/or polymer thermodynamics a plus
Additional Candidate Instructions
Candidates will be evaluated on (i) the candidate’s research experience, as evidenced by a resume and cover letter, (ii) prior research publications and/or patent applications, (iii) references.
Application Review began on 08/01/2019 and will be ongoing until a pool of qualified applicants has been identified.