Postdoctoral Researcher - 15633BR
This postdoctoral research position will be in the Sutley Research Group for the period of January 20, 2020 – January 19, 2021.
30% - Contribute to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepare technical reports, journal papers, and/or records.
10% - Contribute to the development, preparation and submission of externally funded proposals related to the research program.
10% - Search literature, utilizing all available resources, including electronic, regarding new methodologies for improved modeling community disaster resilience, and design models accordingly.
10% - Mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ph.D. in civil/structural or systems engineering or discipline related to community resilience.
- Previous experience or coursework in the area of community disaster resilience
- Technical writing skills which would be applicable for producing publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience working independently and in a collaborative group environment
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed six months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
- Experience with systems engineering approaches, including network modeling, agent based modeling, fault tree analysis, and/or optimization methods
- Publication record
- Knowledge of GIS Software
- Programming expertise in Python, R, or Matlab
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Application Review begins on October 15, 2019 and will continue until a pool of qualified applicants is received.