Postdoctoral Researcher - 15965BR
5% - Formulates research methods and suggests improvements for quality and may serve as part of a design team. Identifies problems, recommends and implements solutions.
5% - Literature searches and analysis of published data. Generation and review of experimental documentation including report generation, daily recording of experimental procedures and results generated by the individual in laboratory notebooks, as well as editing and preparation of manuscripts.
5% - Maintain certain laboratory equipment and record keeping. Train other lab personnel on the proper use and care of specialized equipment, provide general assistance to other lab personnel.
5% - Assure compliance with safety programs. Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry or closely related field with educational background in organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry and chemical biology and/or other related fields.
- Two or more years’ experience with organic synthesis.
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed six months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
- Publications in major peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in peptide synthesis
- Ability to carry out research tasks independently.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other research staff in the laboratory.
- Dedication to research work and ability to be highly productive.
Additional Candidate Instructions
The application deadline has been extended. Review of applications will continue until a pool of qualified applicants is collected.