Postdoctoral Researcher - 18732BR
- Synthesize and characterize novel materials (polymers, organic macromolecules) for reconstructive and regenerative biomaterials.
- Micro-and nanomaterial structure and property, characterization and evaluation.
- Work in a team of undergraduates, graduate students, and postdocs in the lab.
- Maintain detailed records of data obtained in the laboratory.
- Prepare reports and manuscripts.
- Assist in proposal preparation.
- Maintain critical laboratory equipment, lab inventory, and oversee lab safety.
2. Ability to effectively analyze data and communicate in both writing and orally, as evidenced in application materials and interview.
3. Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as demonstrated in application materials.
4. Experience with organic synthesis, polymer synthesis and characterization, as evidenced in application materials.
2. Published peer-reviewed articles in polymer synthesis, characterization, and/or development of polymers for biomedical applications.
3. One-year minimum experience with NMR to characterize organic compounds.
4. One-year minimum experience using column chromatography for purification of organic compounds.
5. Experience in nanomaterial design, development, and characterization for biomedical applications is preferred.
6. Experience in peptide synthesis.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins on April 5, 2021 and will continue until a successful candidate is identified.